|PLACE||R49223, Second Physics Building , NCKU|
|FIELD||Quantum Information Science|
|SPEAKER||Prof. Jer-Shing Huang(黃哲勳) - 清華大學化學系|
|TITLE||Plasmonics for Nanoscale Light-matter Interaction|
|ABSTRACT||Well-designed plasmonic nanostructures can concentrate and control optical fields at nanometer scale  and provide stiff optical potential to manipulate nanoobjects . Recently, it has been shown that optical near fields can be designed to selectively enhance the typically weak circular dichroism (CD) of chiral molecules . In this talk, I will present recent progress in my research group, including (1) Surface plasmon-enhanced circular dichroism; (2) Optical manipulation of particles using well-designed plasmonic optical near fields; and (3) Plasmonic Doppler grating for sensing. Other latest research progress on several different related topics, including mode conversion in optical nanocircuits  and plasmonic solar cells  will also be given if time is sufficient.
1. Biagioni, P.; Huang, J.-S.; Hecht, B. “Nanoantennas for visible and infrared radiation,” Rep. Prog. Phys. 2012, 75, 024402.
2. Tsai, W.-Y.; Huang, J.-S.; Huang, C.-B. “Selective Trapping or Rotation of Isotropic Dielectric Micro-Particles by Optical Near Field in a Plasmonic Archimedes Spiral,” Nano Letters 2014, 14, 547–552.
3. Lin, D.; Huang, J.-S. “Slant-gap plasmonic nanoantennas for optical chirality engineering and circular dichroism enhancement,” Opt. Exp., 2014, 22, 7434–7445.
4. Dai, W.-H.; Lin, F.-C.; Huang, C.-B.; Huang, J.-S. “Mode conversion in high-definition plasmonic optical nanocircuits,” Nano Letters 2014, 14, 3881–3886.
5. Liu, W.-L.; Lin, F.-C.; Yang, Y.-C.; Gwo, Shangjr; Huang, M. H.; Huang, J.-S. “The influence of shell thickness of Au@TiO2 core-shell nanoparticles on plasmonic enhancement effect in dye-sensitized solar cells,” Nanoscale 2013, 5, 7953–7962.